Saturday, January 9, 2010

Front Evo Brembo Brake Install

DAMN...those are huge! After I finished the steering install it was brake time. Dennis helped out too (chassis parts are his area of expertise after all). I went with Girodisc rotors and pads. They look fine to me, we'll just have to see how they perform.

I added the SPL Stainless Steel brake lines to finish off the conversion. Everything bolted right up, no problem. However, after test fitting the wheels, I think I'll need some 5mm spacers to give a little more clearance between the caliper and wheel before I drive on them. Luckily, that's no big deal. The final touch was the matching SPL Stainless Steel clutch line. Hotness.



3 comments:

  1. I assume that's substantially more piston area than stock. Are you using the same size master cylinders? And pleaaase order up some more springs..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, isn't it Girodisc? And hell, why not Performance Friction?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spelling error corrected. The master cylinder is from a 300ZX, bigger than the original and supposedly well-paired with these brakes. I haven't decided what to do with the rears yet, and I didn't want to drop a grand on the front brakes right now.

    ReplyDelete