Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Intercooler Piping Progress

I received some fresh parts today at work, and I was ready to start the magic this evening. The FRSport.com box contained:
1) Blitz SUS Power Air Cleaner
2) Greddy S14 Hotpipe
3) Nissan Z32 Fuel Filter ('mo flow than S14)

Unfortunately... I quickly discovered that the Blitz Air Cleaner was the wrong part (meant for an NA S13 SR20DE, not an S14 SR20DET). Called up Mike at FRSport - he realized the mistake on their part (the website lists the incorrect part for the S14) and is working on correcting it. So, 1) down.

The second problem I found was during the Hotpipe install. I'm still missing a 90 degree hose and two clamps, so I'll need to order those too. This is what happens when you order parts without looking at the car first.

Finally, I'll need some fuel-safe rubber tube to finish up the fuel filter install. Also, I spent a little while deciding what to do with the fuel breather system and the rest of the many vacuum tubes still laying in the engine bay.

As good as some intentions are, they just never make it out of the box. Anyways, here is a fresh picture of the Koyo radiator and Greddy front-mount intercooler, which is massive.


Can you find the missing intercooler tube...? Next up: tackling the wiring harness, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment