Sunday, May 16, 2010

First Drive

I worked feverishly this weekend to finish up the remaining harness items and vacuum routing.  Since I didn't have the oil pressure switch, ACG, or vehicle speed sensors connected to the meter last weekend, I wasn't 100% sure that the engine wasn't about to grenade.  Now that I had those connected, my confidence was high.  Maybe, too high.

So, I decided it was now or never.  I needed fuel...running off of 3-year-old vapors wasn't going to last long.  I started the engine, backed out of the garage, and drove to the fuel station.
Some said that it would never happen, but it did.  I finally drove the 240 under its own power.  The engine seems to be running fine, however, the suspension needs some work (alignment and corner weighting) and the transmission seems to be a little hard to shift (maybe just from sitting so long).  Anyways, there's always more to be done, but today a major milestone was reached.

No comments:

Post a Comment