Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Blitz Realize TT-R Exhaust Install

After patiently waiting for 3 months, the exhaust finally showed up today at work.  After getting home, I unwrapped it for inspection.  Result?  Complete Stainless hotness, as expected.  The only thing that I wasn't 100% impressed with were the welds.  MIG?  Back in the day, Tom could have thrown down some tight TIG welds, which was what I was hoping for.  But, you can't have it all.
 
DME Test Pipe (Cat Delete)

I wasn't in the mood to waste any more time - it was going on today.  The install itself wasn't really too bad.  Jamie recommended moistening the mount rubbers with soapy water to ease the install, which worked really well.  Without much of a fight, I got all the parts into place.  I do need to order 2 more mounts to complete the install, so I left the rear of the car on jack stands.  On to the pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment